Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween - Round One

This is a little late, but I had to get it in before round two happens tonight...and round three tomorrow. Did I mention this is my favorite holiday?! So, last Saturday Brian and I went to a rock star themed Halloween party...complete with karaoke. Brian was Billy Ray Cyrus (from the 80's) and I was Hannah Montana (the extreme blond is a wig). Since it was a karaoke party, everyone was singing the hit songs by their particular rock star.

Brian sang 'Achy Breaky Heart'.
I sang a Hannah Montana song. Of course there were many songs where pretty much every girl went up to sing too! About half way through the evening I changed my costume and became Miley Cyrus (yes, I died my hair brown for the costume; favorite holiday, remember!). For those of you who don't know, she is Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter and the girl under the wig of Hannah Montana. I came back onstage and sang one of Miley's hit songs to introduce myself. It went perfect and several people didn't even recognize me, thinking I was a new-comer to the party! We all danced and sang into the wee hours and had a really great time. As usual, Brian was great and really got into his costume once we got him started. That he helps participate in my favorite of all holidays is one of the many reasons why I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment