In honor of my friend Michelle, who hates moths, I have posted a picture and video. Sorry the video is sideways :-\.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
For Michelle
Since my cats have learned how to use the dog door they have brought in all manner of 'prizes' for me to see. I can usually tell by the sound of their meow if they have brought in anything. Gizmo, my black hunter, tends to bring in large grasshoppers which are fairly easy to catch and dispose of. However Otis, my gray hunter, likes to bring in giant moths. They are huge, much larger than the miller moths we get this time of year, and I can only imagine how he manages to catch them. He generally brings them in, lets everyone know, then he and Abby proceed to chase the moth around...yelling at me when it gets out of their reach. Abby tries hard, but really isn't much help as she lets go as soon as she feels the buzzing wings in her mouth. Still, it's better than the mice Otis was bringing in June. I have the weirdest pets!
In honor of my friend Michelle, who hates moths, I have posted a picture and video. Sorry the video is sideways :-\.
In honor of my friend Michelle, who hates moths, I have posted a picture and video. Sorry the video is sideways :-\.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit! blarf
ReplyDelete