Thursday, June 4, 2009

A little delayed

So this actually happened on Sunday, but I had other things that needed posting and didn't want to have 5 in one day! This past Sunday Brian and I packed up our ponchos, rain jackets and beer and headed to Red Rocks Amphitheater. For those who have never been, it is a gorgeous outdoor venue nestled in the rocks just outside of Morrison, CO. It also happens to be one of the best places to see concerts. We were on our way to see STYX and REO Speedwagon and the forecast called for rain.

After parking and enjoying some beer we made our way to some seats. The sun was shining and everyone was in good spirits, but off in the distance we could see the clouds looming. The show started at 7pm and at 7:02 the heavens opened. Rain you say?? Try monsoon! We were laughing at all the people wearing shorts and t-shirts without any jacket to speak of. It was impossible that that many people had never stepped foot outside during a Colorado spring. Or had no way of checking the weather for that night. We all determined they were mentally addled. Why else would you show up to an outside concert without a rain jacket when it had rained every night for the last 2 weeks. But I guess I did the same thing when I was 18 at a Red Rocks show so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on them :-)

It rained the whole time and was one of the best STYX shows I've seen (yes, I have seen several!) Can't wait 'til they come back again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment