Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yard work takes forever....

I love owning a house...really, I do. But when you own a house, you are constantly doing things to it; painting, reflooring, and re-doing your landscaping. A large portion of my backyard is river rock. I am not a big fan of river rock when it covers so much area. So, I devised a brilliant plan to remove said rock from a sloping corner of the backyard. We (because I am dragging Brian into this) will then magically move all the dirt until the ground is flat with a retaining wall to hold everything in place. Now we will be able to plant something and in some way utilize the corner.
Here is the before picture.

And here is an artist's (me)
rendition(drawing on Paint)
of what the corner will look
like at the end. Much better, don't you think?!?!
We removed most of the rock within the first 4 days...and then nothing for the last 3 weeks. We have realized it will be easier to pay someone to dig out my dirt and haul it away. We did the rock moving ourselves and gave most of it away via Craigslist. Apparently, no one wants random fill dirt as we have not received any inquiries as of yet. I can't dig out dirt that will not have a home past my driveway. SO, the plan is to have it all moved next weekend...planted the following...to be already for our annual party the weekend after that. Any bets on this going according to plan?!?!!?

1 comment:

  1. I dont have to bet...I know it will be behind schedule ;)

    ReplyDelete