I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July. Brian and I ventured up to Estes Park where his Step-mom, Betty, has a party every year. As my Mom was out of town, my Dad came up and joined us as well. It rained the entire afternoon, as it has been doing across the state of Colorado for the last 2 months! However, it cleared up to blue skies just in time for dinner and stayed that way through the fireworks. We made stuffed jalapenos like we do every year and I even tried my hand at some dessert making. I made a big tart and some mini tarts. They didn't turn out quite the way I envisioned them (and by envisioned I mean like the picture in the cookbook!), but I was still so proud of my ability to cook that I had to take pictures :-) Everyone said they turned out pretty yummy!



We went to one of Brian's friend's house to get a better seat for the fireworks and ended up spending the night with his best friend, Aaron. We had a blast and it was great seeing everyone.



We went to one of Brian's friend's house to get a better seat for the fireworks and ended up spending the night with his best friend, Aaron. We had a blast and it was great seeing everyone.
wow...spending the night hugh? ;) Does Aarons wife know?
ReplyDelete