Monday, September 8, 2008

Tour de Fat

The sun shone for beautiful weather at this year's Tour de Fat, the annual bike rally held by New Belgium Brewery. The route is a couple miles long and wound it's way to City Park and back. Sometimes riding, sometimes walking due to the 8,000 or so people that were there. This is why is it a rally, not a race :-) Everyone loops back around to the Brewery for music, food, and, you guessed it, BEER! Costumes are not only encouraged, but people look at you funny if you are NOT wearing one. Totally my kind of event! Costumes ranged from well thought out to just raiding your closet or costume box for something random to wear. Unknown to me (and many other attendees), this year's theme must have been spandex because I saw more people who shouldn't be wearing it then ever before. Couple that with the prerequisite topless hippie girls and you get the general idea.

Apparently choice of undergarments were entirely optional as well.

Don't forget the pancake juggler! (Sorry it is sideways, this was the least jiggly. Probably due to beer and laughter!)

It was also my 6 year wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband, Brian. Why celebrate alone with something boring like a romantic dinner out? Especially when you can dress silly and celebrate with a few thousand strangers. Since I like nothing better than a chance to dress up...and Brian is very tolerant if I keep his outfit simple, we dressed as a bride and groom. Look close kids, that's my actual veil and wedding sneakers! Who says you never wear you wedding clothes again? I would've worn my dress, but it is kind of cumbersome to bike around in :-)

All in all a great day that lasted well into the wee hours. Except for those who drank too much beer...and my husband who had a headache and went to bed by 6:30pm. It was okay though, because I was able to find a replacement date quite easily. Maybe I should trade in for a sexy new model like this quality specimen. Looks like quite a keeper don't you think??


Can't wait to start planning for next year's ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment